Wednesday 28 January 2015

On Having the Blues

Breakfast:  Grape and Strawberry Fruit Salad

Lunch:  Carrots, Cucumbers and red pepper with reduced fat houmous

Dinner:  Chicken Stirfry

Exercise:  None

Thoughts:

Ok, something has happened.  I slept like the dead last night but I have woken up with a case of the blues.  The feeling of doom and gloom.  A feeling of hatred and upset over my body.  I have been on the verge of tears all day with some pretty ugly thoughts going through my head.  Even when my working colleague and fellow fitness buddy (who is an ex fitness instructor) was telling me how fabulous his workout was I didn't even muster my usual interest (he's been a great support for me and we have been supporting each other) and I just wanted to tell him to shut up.

I had a cry in the bathroom before a meeting with a supplier and today I actually wanted to carb out on toast.  I wanted to take the loaf of bread in the kitchen at work and toast it all and eat it.  The craving was massive.  The thing is I thought I got over the craving!!!!!!!  So I was feeling shitty about that.

Today was shit.  It was so shockingly bad.  I stuck to eating perfectly but I kept on thinking, why am I doing this?  I'm fat.  I will never get there.  I will never get into my jeans.

I know that this is all bull shit but for some reason I am feeling this way.  I honestly don't know why.
Tomorrow I have a great session lined up with Kathryn and I know I will be back to normal then.  So in the meantime I will just cry into my peppermint tea.

1 comment:

  1. Okay- so first of all- we all have really bad crappy days......and second of all- not giving into temptation of the carbs was a BIG VITORY....or it would have been in my case.
    It sounds to me like you might becoming down with a cold or a bug. Make sure you have plenty of Vitamin C in your diet!! Or take a vitamin supplement!!

    It will be okay. I promise.
    S.xxx

    ReplyDelete