Tuesday 20 January 2015

On An Interesting Incident in the Gym, Getting More Active and Hitting 2000 Calories

Breakfast:  Porridge with almond milk, honey, blueberries and raspberries

Snack:  Avocado, cucumber and red pepper and houmous

Lunch:  Chicken teriyaki pasta and spinach

Snack:  Cottage Cheese

Dinner:  Chicken Stirfry with dark soy sauce, no noodles

Exercise:

Kathryn's circuit

Thoughts:

I'm still not sleeping ok.  So getting up, defrosting my car and getting to the gym was hard but I did it.

I got there and I did a halfhearted warm up and then over to hit the weights.  When I do my circuit I use a bar that weighs 20 kilos and you can add plates to each side to increase the weight.  I just use the plain 20 kilo bar.

I grabbed a bar and set myself up to start my circuit.  I completed 15 clean and press and when I finished I was catching my breath, this guy (the only way I could describe him is that he looked like a Neanderthal.) came up to me and said are you using the bar (he was watching me do my clean and press...I saw him)  I said, yes I am using the bar.  He then asked again....are you really using this?  He gave me a look that said, you?  You are really exercising?  You?  I gave him what my friend calls the goddess eyebrow and I said even louder and more assertive YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

He gave me a look like he still couldn't believe it and walked off.  I continued with my workout.  I didn't dare leave the bar and run as I know that he would have come over and taken it.

As I was finishing my last set of lunges a girl that I see that lifts weights too was looking around holding the plates to put on the bar.  I called over to her and said I'm almost finished, you can have it when I'm done.  She smiled and waited patiently.

I then finished my squats and handed her the bar and said in a loud voice, there you go darling.  Us girls that lift need to look out for each other...

The Neanderthal I think heard me.  I strutted off like I was wearing my highest and sexiest heels.

After that I decided that I spend my day sitting on my butt too much.  So I decided to get into the warehouse and tidy up the shelves and count stock.  I'm usually cold and tired at work but today I don't feel that.  I feel active and the time went by quickly.  It was also rewarding.  I really enjoyed it and felt like I accomplished something.

I also felt like I earned my 1950 calories that I consumed today.  I filled my day with eating good, healthy and fresh foods.  As you can see, fresh veggies, protein, good healthy food.  I feel like I earned it and I feel like with me getting up and going into the warehouse and getting off my backside everything is in place.

My tummy also feels good today.  I have been getting crampy tummy recently and so I decided to cut down on my dairy intake and I am noticing a difference.  My tummy is flatter and my tummy isn't as sore as it was.  So that is a good thing indeed!!!

So onwards and upwards! Tomorrow spinning and 1200 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment