Friday 16 January 2015

On Setting Realistic Goals

Breakfast:  Grape strawberries

Snack:  Banana

Lunch:  4 Ryvitas, Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Flavor and ham

Snack:  Banana

Dinner Soup and a salad

Dessert:  Chocolate Orange Yogurt

Exercise:

Crazy Lady's spinning class...she is ruthless!!

Thoughts:

Well, I was up and ready to go to the crazy lady's spinning class.  It was hard and I mean really, really hard!!!  But walked out feeling like I have achieved something.

Food shopping was also not too stressful.  I was prepared with a list and a 7 menu outlining my meals for the next 7 days.

Tomorrow is weekend, thank heavens!!!!  But it is also weigh and measure day.  I get nervous because I had a huge loss last week!  I mean massive!!  I have prepared myself for little or no weight loss.  Kathryn said that I shouldn't even go by the bathroom scales. I need to go by the measurements.  We are programmed to think that the scales are king.  But when you see losses on your body measurements, you know that you are making progress.  So I have braced myself for it.  Prepared mentally that if there is no loss, it's no big whoop.  If there is a gain but a loss in measurements, it's a good thing as I have gained muscle and my body is shrinking.  That is what the end goal is.

I have measurement goals.  I don't know if they are realistic but I will learn in time.

I would like the following:

Chest:  34-36 inches (I'm at 41 so that is 5-7 inches that need to be lost)
Waist:  26.5 - 27.5 inches (I'm at 38 inches so that is a massive 10.5 -11.5 inches to lose)
Hips:  37 - 38 inches ( I'm at 46.5 inches so that is 8.5 - 9.5 inches to lose)

This would put me into a UK size 10/12. That's the size that I used to be and think that it is a realistic goal.

Now another thing that I want to stop is making unrealistic goals.  I am not going to get to these measurements by the end of the month, or by the end of February.  It's going to take time.  I have around 84 pounds to lose.  Again, a healthy 2 pounds loss a week (what I am aiming for) means that theoretically I would be at my goal by my birthday, October 27th.  So that is what I am aiming for.  42 weeks to go.

I want to go out for my birthday wearing a twin set showing off lovely Shakira-esque abs.

Now I know that goals can change.  This is the first plan. I will discuss it with Kathryn and see the feasibility of this.  But it's something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment