Monday 19 January 2015

Recovering and Eating Like a Guinea Pig

Breakfast:  Strawberries and Grapes fruit pot

Snack:  Banana

Lunch:  Red pepper, carrots and cucumbers with a pot of low fat houmous

Snack:  Cottage Cheese

Dinner:  Chicken with a salad with olives and a table spoon of Helmann's extra light mayo and 30 grams of Philadelphia light Cream Cheese

Dessert:  Muller Light Vanilla with dark chocolate sprinkles and a dark cherry under layer....yes it was as decadent and fabulous as it sounds!!

Exercise:

My back is still not 100%.  I would rather rest than tempt fate and hurt my back

Thoughts:

My back is improving and my boyfriend gave me nice back massage last night.  I swear that there is a knot but he says that there isn't.  I had a knot in the same position before and it really feels like it.

Today I stayed positive though.  My back is sore yes but today my eating was clean.  I decided to start adding more veggies into my diet.

Why?  My 2 little Guinea Pigs, Waldo and Chicolini.

I'm one of these crazy ladies that doesn't have children but prefers animals to children.  We live in an apartment so in regards to pets I can't have something like a dog.  (I would love a boxer...that's the dream!)

So I make up with it with my 2 little Guinea Pigs, Waldo and Chicolini,  Twice a day I fill their food bowl with fresh veggies.  Spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, lettuce, apples, celery.  That is what they get twice a day.  How healthy is that?  They eat better than I do!!!!

So I decided to take a leaf (no pun intended!) out of my fur babies' books and start eating more fresh veggies and fruits.  So I am taking the opportunity today as it is a low calorie day to start putting the veggies in.  My lunch was very nice and very filling.

My salad tonight was basic but again very good.  I added a cheeky 30 grams of Philadelphia light just to give it some taste and a tablespoon of Extra Light Mayo.  I am trying not to rely on salad dressings anymore.  I have a soft spot for Ranch Dressing, as you know but it is a habit that I am going to have to break.

It's coming together slowly.  It's not going to fall into place all at once but as each day goes by, I am getting stronger, leaner and the results are coming.  The key is to take each day as it comes and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment