Monday 26 January 2015

It's All About Technique and Sweet Potato Fries

Breakfast:  Grapes and Strawberries

Lunch:  Veggies and Houmous

Dinner:  chicken and salad

Exercise:  A much needed rest!

Thoughts:

Sorry for not blogging yesterday.  Yesterday I was completely and utterly shattered.

You see, yesterday I had an epic session with my trainer.  I didn't increase the weights or anything like that.  I improved my technique.

You see, when you are lifting weights, it's important to make sure your technique is spot on.  When I was doing my clean and press, I wasn't getting the right depth in my squat.  Well, yesterday, I nailed it!!!  It was hard.  But I did it!

My bench press, squats, lunges, weighted push ups, dead lift and shoulder press were all perfect.  And by doing my weights with the perfect technique I am feeling it today!!!

I hit a new standard that I have to uphold which is amazing.  I felt like Wonder Woman.  It's a feeling that I cannot describe.  It's a rush and it feels better than eating a cake or a plate of cheese.

I am hurting in places that I didn't know existed!  My abs are killing me!!!  The funny thing is that I didn't do any ab workouts!!!!  It was the fact that I had perfect technique for my clean and press that I worked my abs.

I know now when I do my circuit tomorrow I need to keep this standard up and push myself to the limit.  And that is what I intend on doing.

Today I also decided that my dinner needed to be jazzed up so I found an easy recipe for Sweet Potato Fries.  Now Kathryn said that I should try to put sweet potatoes in my diet as they are a great source of carbs and they provide more useful nutrients than regular potatoes.

So I decided to try it.  And I was impressed!!  They actually turned out ok!!!  nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  It's something else to add to my portfolio at least.

I was also looking at adding them into my diet and eat them like a baked potato with tuna on top.  I will try that and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment