Tuesday 13 January 2015

A Barrier Broken Through

Breakfast:  Porridge with honey and blueberries

Snack:  Fat Free Natural yogurt with fresh strawberries

Lunch:  Chicken and spinach pasta salad with cashew nuts and a teriyaki sauce

Snack:  Cottage Cheese and a banana

Dinner:  Steak with a side salad

Dessert:  Muller Light Vanilla with dark chocolate orange (heaven!!!)

Exercise:  Kathryn's circuit - done 3 times!!  Whoop!  Whoop!!!

Playlist:

Yeah Yeah Yeah's --> Zero
The Vaccines --> Melody Calling
Faul & Wad Ad & Pnau --> Changes
Kasabian -->  eez-eh
The Stone Roses -->  Love Spreads
John Newman -->  Love Me Again
Chvrches -->  Lies
M83 --> Reunion 
The Prodigy --> Omen
The Stone Roses -->  She Bangs the Drums
Kasabian -->  Shoot the Runner
David Guetta & Rihanna -->  Who's That Chick?

Thoughts:
Today I am basking in a 2000 calorie day feeling smug.  Why?  Well today I got my ass out of bed after a shit night's sleep and I went to the gym to do Kathryn's circuit.

Last week, if you can remember I could only do it twice instead of the 3 times.  Well, today, I did it 3 times!!!!!  Whoop!  Whoop!!!  That shows that my stamina is improving.  Yes, my face went a gorgeous shade of purple!!!  I was panting and I thought that I would die at one point but I pulled my body through it.  I kept focused and I pushed myself to the max.  I pushed every burpee out, every press up, clean and press...it wasn't graceful but I did it.

For the first time in a long time I walked out of the gym on a day that I trained by myself feeling proud of my effort.  I strutted out.  The feeling?  It felt better than seeing my 6 pound weight loss last week.  I conquered a massive demon today.

My food today was fabulous.  I enjoyed it.  My lunch though...amazing!!!!!  I love pasta, as you all well know, and the teriyaki dressing made it taste superb!!  it packed a massive amount of calories but I am on a 2000 calorie day so it doesn't matter.  I need them to keep my energy and keep my body from crashing with a low blood sugar dip.

I just feel great today.  I feel like as each day goes by, the eating gets easier.  The gym work gets more straight forward.  The motivation increases.  I am 11 pounds away from the 100 club.  I know that I can drop these 11 pounds in the next 4 weeks.  That is my goal and I feel like I am going to achieve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment