Tuesday 6 January 2015

A hard Workout and a 2000(ish) Calorie Day

Breakfast:

Porridge with honey and blueberries and soy milk (Oatmeal looks like paste that you would stick wallpaper up with...)

Snack:  Banana and low fat cottage cheese

Lunch:  Ham and Egg Salad (lettuce, spring onion, red pepper, olives and a cheeky tablespoon of my crack - Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing)

Snack:  4 Ryvitas with low fat laughing cow blue cheese triangles

Dinner:  Chicken Stirfry with a chicken stock, red chilli and lime sauce

Dessert:  Muller Light after dinner Mint Flavor....yummy!!!

Exercise:
The Kathryn circuit - I will explain

Thoughts:

Well, today I hit my first hurdle.  Kathryn gave me a circuit to do on a Tuesday and I tried it this morning and well....I managed to do most but I didn't complete it.

This circuit is very hard.  It's simple moves but it's difficult.  It starts out with a 5 minute run.  Then you go into alternating sprints and walk (recover).  You do that for 5 minutes then the fun really begins....

Onto clean and press.  For those of you who don't know what clean and press is, I shall explain.  You take a weight lifting bar (that you would put plates on to add weight) and you squat down pick the bar up and hold it chest height.  You then squat down and push the bar up over your head.  I had to do that 15 times with a bar that weighed 20 kilos...Ouch!!!

Then 15 lunges with the bar on my shoulders and then 15 squats with the same bar on my shoulder.

And now it gets fun.  Kathryn put in 15 of the hardest, most hateful exercise on the history of the planet....burpees....

For those of you that don't know what a burpee is, imagine hell.  Pure exercise hell.  You start out crouched down on your haunches, then you kick your legs out into push up position then you tuck your legs back into the first position then you jump up.  Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!  That sucks!!!  I had to do 15.  I can barely do 5!!

Then 15 push ups and finish it with a 200 meter sprint....lovely!!!

I was supposed to do this 3 times.  I could only manage 2 times.  And after the second time I felt sick.  Seriously sick.  It think it was the burpees.

In a way, I felt like a total failure.  I didn't complete the circuit 3 times.  I felt like I was dying.  God, I am out of shape.  I looked over at the pretty blonde girl happily jogging away and I thought, I bet she never had to shift about 6 stone of fat,,,,she might have; we don't know other people's stories.

As I walked on the treadmill I closed my eyes and asked myself, why am I doing this?  I remembered what my friend wrote on her blog yesterday.  She's doing this because she wants to wear a bikini again, go hiking and get her curves into a bodycon dress.

I started to think about my goals. Why am I doing this?  I have my short term goals.  Getting into the 100 club again, getting into this jumpsuit that I have that is a size smaller, fitting into my vintage red coat.

Then my longer term goals.  Buying and wearing one of those 2 piece evening dressing outfits that has a crop top.  I want killer abs!!! Going on my first vacation with my boyfriend and confidently wearing a bikini.  I want to get some designer jeans (I'm thinking Calvin Kleins) and buy Agent Provocateur underwear (they do small sizes).  I want to feel sexy again.

So I got off the treadmill and did more burpees.  The pain was bad.  But I soldiered through.  I was sweaty and gross.  But it's a step closer than where I was yesterday.  Plus as a wise person once said, the only bad workout is the one that you didn't do....

As for the eating, today I was told by Kathryn to eat 2000 calories.  As women, this is a terrifying prospect.  For me?  I'm a food lover so it isn't too bad.

I haven't made it to 2000 calories, I've hit 1773 calories.  Kathryn said to gradually build it up.  It feels weird eating a lot of food.  It's a good feeling because I am eating healthier foods that are keeping me full.  Besides the cheeky Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, I am pleased with my food choices today.  I did a difficult workout and I can visualize the food that I am eating nourishing my body.  Building my muscles up.  I see my body repairing itself.

So tomorrow morning is 6:30am spinning class and a 1200 calorie day.  Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sugah, I am so PROUD of you!! You are such an inspiration to all of us ladies trying to lose excess weight. Alas- as my bezzie you know that my curves will never fit into smaller size lingerie...But a BodyCon is my dream too!
    Stay strong!! We NEED your inspiration and dedication!!! xxx

    Suzanne xoxox

    ReplyDelete