Thursday 22 January 2015

On Changing my Technique

Breakfast:  Porridge with Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries

Snack:  Cucumber, Red Pepper and Carrots with Houmous

Lunch:  Jacket Potato with tuna mixed with cottage cheese and spring onion

Snack:  More veggies and houmous

Dinner:  the boyfriend decided to make me a chicken finger sandwich.  Nice....

Exercise:  An absolutely killer session with Kathryn

Thoughts:

Lately I have been working on my technique in the gym.  I used to, when doing my exercises, just go through the motions and try to get each exercise done quickly.

On Kathryn's instruction I have been slowing down and really thinking through each rep.  Making sure that it's done correctly.  When I get tired, Kathryn says to put the weight down, take a minute get your thoughts together and start again.

For example my squats used to be done so quickly. But now with the 60 kilos on my shoulders, I am getting my legs wide, and slowly squating so that I make sure that I get nice and low.  I hold it for a second and slowly back up.  That makes all the difference than just dropping down and then firing back up.  Each muscle that I am working is getting the full benefit of the exercise.  Kathryn was pleased today with my effort.

I have also made the hard decision that I need to take dairy out of my diet Monday - Friday.  The reason is that I do have a slight intolerance to dairy but it only flares up Monday - Friday.  Stress, as we all know plays a massive part in IBS flare ups.  I'm hoping that by cutting dairy out, my stomach pains will go away and I can get back to being....well....regular again!!!

Everyday I am learning more and more about my body.  I am also starting to appreciate it more.  Looking at it, it's a great machine that allows me to do the exercises that I am doing.  It is changing (Kathryn is noticing it on my lower back and the boyfriend said that my tummy looks flatter, my thighs look leaner and my butt isn't so lumpy.....my man has a way with words)

It has also got me to look at my diet a bit more in depth.  Today I am consuming 1944 calories.  I feel like I deserve these calories.  Looking at my food choices, except for dinner....I need to teach the boyfriend how to cook steak.....they are mostly good, clean, healthy foods.  I am opting for more fruits and veggies and my calories are now coming from good food.

Again, I know that I am not going to get into my goal jeans by the end of the month.  This is going to be a long journey but I have all the tools and the support system that I need.  It's up to me to do this, not anyone else.  But I have been blessed that I am in the right circumstances to make this dream come true.



No comments:

Post a Comment