Sunday 18 January 2015

On Having an Off Day

Lunch:  Tuna mixed with cottage cheese and spring onions, Philadelphia light and a jacket potato.  Carrots and cucumber crudités with low fat houmous

Snack: Muller Light orange with dark chocolate sprinkles

Dinner: Pasta with homemade sauce

Exercise: Personal training session with Kathryn

Thoughts:

Today's workout, to me, was God awful. Kathryn said it wasn't but I felt like I couldn't run and every weight felt like it weighed a ton. When I was doing my dead lifts (which I usually tear through with perfect form) I felt literally like I just couldn't lift. I was almost in tears.

I asked Kathryn why it was so hard today. She said its normal to have a crappy day.

Thinking there could be a few reasons.

Reason number one:  Had a shit nights sleep.  My boyfriend snores louder than a freight train. It's honestly really bad. It's so bad that I have to wear ear plugs. Last night he snored so loudly that I could hear it through the earplugs. I decided to get up and sleep on the couch. Our couch is comfy to sit and rest on but to sleep on? That brings me to possible reason number 2.

Reason number two:  because I slept on the couch I think I slept funny because my back is in agony. You know where your shoulder blade meets your back? It hurts right there. I am in so much pain. I had things I wanted to do today that I couldn't complete because my back is in such a state. Gutted.

Reason Number three:  yesterday's treat day.  I guzzled a lot of alcohol. Alcohol fucks your sleep up. I just felt like a slug when I was running. It was bad. I'm going to lay off the booze on treat day. It's not worth it.

Reason number four:  my little monthly friend. My contraception stops me from having a period. But for  some reason I've started up. I have 2 spots on my chin. And I want to cry and eat chocolate chip cookies.

Im thinking that a combination of all of the above could explain it. So early night for me tonight. Get a good nights sleep and I am determined to get to the cardio circuits class tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch.....maybe you should invest in a sofabed?
    Hope tomm is better.
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete