Wednesday 14 January 2015

On Having a Bad Day

Breakfast:  Fruit Salad (strawberries and grapes

Lunch:  4 ryvitas with 4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese and Ham

Dinner:  Chilli with Rice

Exercise:  None....Sleep deprivation sucks

Thoughts:

As you know, this is a warts and all blog.  I will always report to you the good, the bad and the ugly.  Today has been well ugly.

The sleeping issue came to a head today when I pussied out from going to my spinning class because I didn't sleep very well last night.  So I went to the doctor to get some help.  He thinks that my sleeping pattern is skewed so he gave me some medication to get me back on track.  I will take it tonight before I go to bed and fingers crossed I can get back on track.

I haven't felt hungry (which is good) and again cravings are gone which is amazing.  I used to constantly think about all the food I would want.  Today I haven't thought of food once.

I wrote this mantra down and put it on my computer to look at:

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, greasy or fake"

Why?  I'd be letting Kathryn, my best friend, my boyfriend and you all down.  And I will not do that.

Luckily, tomorrow I have a session with Kathryn and she always kicks my ass.  I texted her today and she assured me, this is normal.  I'm ok and she even gets bad days.  And if she gets bad days then I think I can survive this too.

This journey is going to have hurdles, I know it.  There are going to be days where I want to scream and throw the towel in.  In those times I need to be strong and keep going.

Yes, today I didn't go to the gym.  But am I going to beat myself up about it?  Nope!  I am going to take the positives.

1.  I ate perfectly
2.  I have a resolution to my sleeping problem
3.  Cravings are gone
4.  I am on the right track on the road to success.

So tomorrow is a new day.  I am going to keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment