Friday 23 January 2015

On The Friday Pre-Weigh In Nerves and my Shiny Star

Breakfast:  Strawberry and Grape Fruit Salad

Lunch:  Ham salad

Dinner:  Soup and Salad

Exercise:  A heavy spinning class

Thoughts:

Today I feel quite emotional.  I think that it is the tale end of my monthly friend to be honest.  I just seriously want to curl up into a ball and cry.  Work was bad and hard today.  the boyfriend and I were at each other's throats and I even considered going for an interview at another company.  But to take that job would mean me uprooting my life and my fitness regime and starting over.  And that is not a good thing.  But I was tempted to.

I then started to think about my friend who is on a similar journey.  My boyfriend and I and even Kathryn and I have a great relationship regarding this journey of mine.

But I can't talk to them honestly like I can to my friend.  She has been there from day one.  Comforting me when I have been emotional, celebrating with me when I have lost weight, being supportive and positive when I have gained or maintained.

She has pretty much been my rock throughout this whole time.  She would probably slap me now and tell me to man up as I am tearing up as I write this.  I love her like she was my own sister and I am blessed that she is sharing this journey with me.

I am nervous about the weigh in, but I know that I will be proud of what ever it is I have achieved this week.  Why?  Because my best friend supports me.  She is indeed my shining star.

So tomorrow I go into my weigh in and I will hold my head up high. No matter what happens I will be proud of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm tearing up as I read this. It's been a hard journey for us both- and there have been times we both wanted to just give up and walk away..... but thru it all we support each other. Honestly I think you give more than me because I'm yo-yo ing and having a harder time figuring it all out. to be honest, I'm a bit jealous that you have it all together and can stick to it no matter how hrd it gets....when sometimes I cave and just have a good cry- or a candy bar- and then start again the next day. You have stick-to-it-ism...determination. you have set your goal and NOTHING is stopping you. I love you like a sister too. You arent just a shining star to me- you are a SUPERNOVA!!!!! xxxooo S.

    ReplyDelete