Monday 9 February 2015

On Having a Break and Having a Cold

Hi All!

I am sorry that I have been away.  I went to Amsterdam on January 30th and then when I got back I was KO'd by a chest cold. (I am still suffering)  So I haven't been to the gym.

It was seriously irritating and aggravating as I was doing so well.  I was building up good momentum and in the "zone".

The trip to Amsterdam taught me a lot about my eating habits.  Because I was eating at certain times a day, if I missed a meal, I got proper narky.  Like, really narky.  I had the shakes, I felt light headed and I became a total bitch.  So lesson learned.  You need to eat!!!

I did eat some naughty things but I made up for it by walking everywhere.  My pedometer said that that on the Saturday I walked a massive 17,563 steps!!!  My legs felt it!!  So when I got back I weighed myself and I only gained 1 pound.  Considering that I ate some foods that I shouldn't have, I didn't get good sleep I consider that a good result.

When I got home, I didn't feel too good.  I put it down to not eating well.  I then found that I came down with a bitch of a chest cold.  I mean, it's bad.  Really bad.

It started out with a horrible cough.  This cough hurt my throat to the point of tears.  It felt like someone was ripping my throat with a rake.  I would get coughing fits that would leave me without a voice and loads of tears.  Pretty grim.

I basically spent last week just resting as best as I could.  My appetite is non existent and my energy levels....depleted.  I just literally felt like I had all the energy sucked out of me.  My eating has been sporadic.

On the plus side, I lost the pound that I gained from Amsterdam but not in a good way.

So tonight I had a training session with Kathryn.  It was hard but I pushed my body through it.  I need to get back into the groove and back on course.

I get angry as I feel like I go 2 steps forward and 12 steps back.  So this week I am doing everything I can to get back to normalcy.  After all I have a gorgeous jumpsuit to get into for Saturday!  So onwards and upwards!  Let's get back to normal and back to losing the weight correctly, safely and healthily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment