Tuesday 24 February 2015

On Being Back in Great Form

Breakfast:  2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Snack:  Vegetable crudettes (cucumber and red pepper) and 2 pots of low fat houmous from Tesco

Lunch:  Chicken Stirfry

Dinner:  Chilli with Rice

Exercise:  Kathryn's Circuit and 12 minutes of walking on the treadmill at an incline

Thoughts:

Well after the shitty day I had yesterday, today has been an improvement.  I got fuck all sleep (4 hours according to the Fit Bit.  That's down to the boyfriend snoring, moving and kicking me in his sleep)  but I dragged myself to the gym for a workout.

I went straight in and did my clean and press, squats, lunges and such.  I felt strong and great doing that.  I then did a weighted squat shoulder press with a 15 kilo barbell super setted with a tricep dips.....Big mistake!!  My arms tired out after the second set but at least I tried something new.

I then went to try my intervals.  Wow.  That was a big pile of suck.  I sprinted at 11 kilometers an hour for 30 seconds and I felt like I was going to die.  So I decided to walk on an incline.  So I did that for 12 minutes.

It doesn't sound like much but I got back to the gym.  I broke out of my snit and I am back working out in the morning.  Plus I had a great day with my eating.  I am feeling confident again.

It's funny what a good cry can do for you.  Yesterday I felt low.  Really low.  Today I am better.  I still have some bad feelings about my body (especially when there is a gorgeous petite blonde at the gym dead lifting wearing a sports bra showcasing a perfect flat tummy) but I am refocusing, remembering what Kathryn said,  this is my change.  My journey.  Fuck everyone else.  So I am keeping that in mind.

I bought a dress on eBay today that is an Oasis size 12.  This dress is important because 12 years ago I had the same dress but in a size 14 when I was smaller and I loved it.  It's a classic khaki military styled shirt dress.  (military style is going to be back in style this year)  I loved that dress and was gutted when I got so fat that I couldn't wear it anymore.  So I found it again in a size smaller and I am determined to get into that dress by August/September.  The measurements are Bust:  36 inches, Waist 29 inches and hips 38 inches.  That means that I have to lose 4.5 inches from my chest, 7 inches from my waist and 8 inches from my hips.

That looks like a lot, but I am breaking it down each week.  Each week I get closer.  I have a tangible goal and a few little goals a long the way.

So feel like I am mentally back on track.  I have a lot to do in the next few weeks to get my fitness back but I am not letting Bronchitis or anything else get me down.  This is my journey.  My life and I am more determined than ever to make the best of it!!!!


1 comment:

  1. You Go GF!!! You CAN Do this!!! Your Journey- Your Life!! xxx

    ReplyDelete