Wednesday 18 February 2015

Bread Cravings and the Side Effects of Antibiotics

Breakfast:  Strawberries and grapes

Lunch:  Chicken, cucumber, red pepper, feta (goat and sheep milk) and spinach salad with a teriyaki, white wine vinegar and olive oil dressing (this turned out amazing!!!!)

Dinner Chilli with rice

Water:  2 liters

Exercise:  Rested

Thoughts:

Ok, These Antibiotics are seriously pissing me off.  I have 1 more day of this to go,.  Yes, my bronchitis is gone.  But in exchange for that I am suffering from the following:  Exhaustion, light headedness, thrush, insomnia, constipation and I have developed a sore on the side of my mouth.  I feel and look a mess.

I am upset, to be honest.  Upset that I got sick.  I was doing so well.  I was in the zone, making strides.  My motivation was up there.  This bout of sickness really KO'd me and my confidence.  My tummy was getting flatter and now it is big and bloated.  I mean it's massive.  I am not farting or anything but I can't poop.  It's irritating.

But I need to put this into perspective.  Firstly, I didn't die.  Secondly, I still have use of my legs and my limbs and body for that matter.  Thirdly, I finish my antibiotics tomorrow!!!!!  This nightmare will end tomorrow!!!!

So I need to wipe my tears away, remember my motivation and stop craving bread.

Yes, you read that right.  I am having the worst cravings for bread.  Toasted bread with melted butter on top...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I have never been a bread craver but I am totally and utterly craving this stuff.  It's what I am thinking about all the time.  Warm, buttery toast....

But warm buttery toast is going to put myself backwards, not where I need to be.  Warm buttery toast is going to destroy my goals.  Everything that I worked for.  IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

So I have written this mantra down.  "I am not a slave to food.  I do not need it to make me happy.  Happiness is my body measurements and weight on the scale going down."

I have put that at my desk, in my wallet and I plan to put it on my refrigerator at home.  Anything to keep me on track.

This was a little pimple on the ass of life...it's nothing....a gnat's ass as my best friend would say!

So I look forward to an awesome session with Kathryn tomorrow morning and to get my body back into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment