Monday 1 September 2014

September 1st Day 9 --> I Can't Get No Sleep

Breakfast: Oatmeal with strawberries and bananas and almond milk
                Coffee with Almond Milk and honey

Lunch:  Fajita seasoned chicken with red pepper, onions, salad, jalepenos, olives, mixed seeds and chopped tomatoes with garlic

Dinner:   Meatballs with salad, olives, mixed seeds

Drinks:  2 litres of water

Exercise: Rest Day


Thoughts:
Throughout time as a torture technique people have used sleep deprivation.  Lack of sleep has the same effect as being drunk and impairs the body worse than alcohol does.

From my experience when I have been losing weight in the past, a good night's sleep is key to losing weight.  Researching this in depth, sleep is when your body does it's repairs after a workout.

Well, last night, I got fuck all sleep.  At first I couldn't get comfortable in bed.  I was too hot, then I couldn't get my pillows positioned right.  I usually sleep on my tummy and that didn't even feel comfortable.

Then to compound the problem, the boyfriend started snoring.  And I mean snoring. It was so loud that I could hear it even though I was wearing ear plugs.  It sounded like a car that is stuck in the mud trying to get out.  I then thought, do I bludgeon him to death with the lamp on my bedside cabinet or put a plastic bag over his face?...hmmmmmm...I then thought nah, regulation prison orange doesn't compliment my skin tone and hair colour...so I decided it was best that I got up and went to sleep on couch.

That was twice as uncomfortable.  No support for my back.  I attempted to get to sleep but after 2 hours, I got back up and went back to bed.  At least I was somewhat comfortable.  So I put my sleep mask on and tried to salvage some sleep.  So I pussied out of a workout because I tried to get sleep even though I was wide awake and could have gone.

So today I felt bad.  I ate well, I think.  But the fact that I didn't get a workout in because I thought that I could choose sleep has bothered me all day.

But I have found one thing.  If you have a bad day, don't spoil it even more by eating crap.  That's what I would have done in the past.  But I kept with the plan, I ate well and I know that I most likely will sleep well tonight so I can get up and work my chest and back tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new start and so I intend on making the most of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment