Sunday 21 September 2014

September 21st Day 29 --> The After Effects of Having a Treat

Breakfast:  Coffee with Almond Milk and Honey

Main Meal:  Burrito seasoned minced beef and roasted Mediterranean veggies

Drinks:  3 liters of water

Exercise:  Arm Workout
Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 7 starting with 25 kilos and dropping by 5 each set
Arm extension: 3 sets of 7 starting with 30 kilos and dropping 5 each set
Dips:  Using my body weight 3 sets of 10
Shoulder Press:  3 sets of 7 starting with 35 kilos and by 5 each set
Shoulder Press Version 2:  3 sets of 7 with 45 kilos dropping 5 each set
Interval Training:  10 minutes
Crunches: 
Regular:  20 reps
Cross over: 20 reps
Pelvic tilts:  20 reps

Playlist:
Kasabian  --> "eez-eh"
Jamie T -->  "Sticks and Stones"
The Prodigy -->  "Warrior's Dance"
Imagine Dragons -->  "Radioactive"
Foo Fighters -->  "The Pretender"
Nero -->  "Me and You"
Chvrches -->  "Lies"
The Black Keys -->  "Howlin' for You"

Thoughts:

Last night I indulged and enjoyed a lovely pizza with bacon and cheese stuffed crust.  I had a great sleep and I woke up this morning and headed to the gym.

I did my weights well.  Then it got to the interval training.  I felt heavy and uncomfortable.  So after 10 minutes, I stopped.  I felt heavy.  I weighed myself this morning and I was the same weight as yesterday but I felt really heavy and gloopy.  It definitely affected my ability to train having that pizza in my guts.

I don't regret having it.  It was a treat but I guess that if you want to perform well in the gym, or have the energy to do what you want to do you need the right type of fuel in your body.

So today I increased my water intake to 3 liters to try and flush the salty cheesy stuff in my tummy out.  So I went back to Paleo again and I feel better.

Another thing that I need to do is to crack the Sunday Night anxiety that I get that prevents me from having a decent night's sleep.

I have done some preparations.  My meal tonight wasn't heavy, gym clothes are all folded up and ready to be put on, birthday body con is hanging up as a reminder of why I am doing this and I have some exercises that are recommended to relax the body before sleep.  I am determined to crack the Sunday Night Anxiety sleepless.  Fingers and toes crossed!!!!

1 comment: