Wednesday 10 September 2014

September 10th Day 18 --> A Hard Gym Session and Feeling Sorry for Yourself

Breakfast:  2 Paleo Almond/Raspberry Muffins, Coffee with Honey and Almond Milk

Lunch:  Olives, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes,

Dinner:  Meatballs, salad with olives

Water:  2 Liters

Exercise:  A Hard Personal Training Session!!!!

Thoughts:

This morning I dragged my ass out of bed.  I am knackered.  Really knackered. Plus my sore throat is still here.  I dragged myself to the gym and I didn't really want to be there.

But Dan put me through my paces.  Started with jump rope for 5 minutes. We did a circuit.  Dead Lifts, Tyre drag (fucking hard!!!) and tyre flips.

Then we did tyre flips and after each flip, I had to do 10 press ups.  Then 10 squats while holding this big tyre, then 10 crunches.  I had to do this rope thing which was hard.  He tied the rope to the end and I was about 10 meters away and I had to lift this big thick rope and slam it down.

My upper body isn't strong like my lower body so I find things like this hard.  I kind of whimpered through it.  I didn't really chat with Dan except when he made me run a kilometre on the treadmill...the music on in the background was Justin Bieber....I swore under my breath and Dan laughed.  I think he knew something was up so he was ok with me.

When I finished and left I started thinking.  My body felt better.  I felt stronger.  I haven't been going to the gym as much as I have wanted to.

I am still tired as I write this now but I think that it's a case of I am tired because I haven't been exercising.  It's a strange one so here I am feeling a bit sorry for myself because I have let excuses get in the way.

So I need to push myself to get my body back to losing weight and getting back to feeling like I am back in my prime.  I know that it will be hard and I know that the bed is too enticing but I need to get into my stride again. I was doing so well.

So I have downed a dose of Ny-Quil and I am guaranteed 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Tomorrow is a new and better day.

1 comment:

  1. Take care and feel better!!!

    Hugs....Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete