Tuesday 16 September 2014

September 16th Day 24 --> The Importance of Drinking Water

Breakfast:  Strawberries and grapes

Lunch:  Chicken, Bacon, avocado and olive salad

Dinner:  Chilli with a side salad (red onion, spring onion, olives, red pepper, yellow pepper)

Drinks:  2 liters of water
             A Glass of wine 
Exercise:  None

Thoughts:

The one thing that I hate so much is drinking water.  I hate it.  It's difficult for me to do.  The way that I am tackling this issue is to buy a 2 liter bottle of water and force myself to drink it.

What I have been doing is drinking the 2 liters in the morning to "get it out of the way".

This has returned to bite me in the ass...royally...

You see, an issue has occurred when I am going to sleep.  I will wake up at, say, 2am needing to go for a wee.  I will go and then feel like I still need to go.  This is down to dehydration.  I don't drink much water in the evening and my dinner of meatballs and grilled veggies had some salt in it so that's probably why I was feeling the way I do.

So I have, this morning, made my water drinking more pleasurable by squeezing lemons and limes into it.  It tastes more refreshing and makes drinking water more enjoyable...I think.

So for dinner, along with my chilli I drank 2 pints of water with lemons and limes in it.  I think that should solve the dehydration crisis.  I hope so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment