Sunday 7 September 2014

September 7th Day 15 --> Paleo? Try Fail-eo!!!

Breakfast: Coffee with Honey and Almond Milk

Snack:  Almond and a raspberry muffins (Paleo recipe-they are edible)

Dinner: lamb with salad 

Exercise:  None

Thoughts: 
Well this weekend has been a write off for exercise. I have been lazy. Really lazy. But I made some Paleo friendly muffins.

You see, I am not the best cook. In fact I'm pretty crap. But lately I have been doing alright. I mean, I have been making food that edible! I decided to try a few of the recipes just to shake things up.

So I decided to try Paleo almond muffins. I bought all the ingredients as per the site. Now the site I am following is an American site; I live in England. I didn't think it would be an issue. Guess what, it is!

Firstly, the recipe called for almond butter, so when I did my food shopping (we do online food shopping) I selected almond butter but didn't convert it to the American measurement. The almond butter I bought was interesting. It was expensive, organic so it was high quality but there wasn't enough for the recipe! Fail number 1.

Fail number 2:  the recipe called for coconut oil. Coconut oil is not in liquid form, but in a solid form. The recipe said to melt it. So I put it in a plastic tub and chucked it in the microwave. I then went on my merry way and finished doing the rest of the recipe.  When it pinged and when I opened the microwave door, the coconut oil flowed out of the microwave like a tidal wave. What was left of the plastic container cemented itself to the microwave plate. That was a face palm moment for sure. To make it worse? The boyfriend thought it was hilarious. I mean really hilarious. I felt stupid. So I took a saucepan out and tried again.

I mixed everything together and the end result? Edible muffins. Not the best but I tried.

I am trying a recipe for lunch tomorrow. Paleo breaded chicken. It cooks for 35 minutes at 180. I went to flip the chicken over and I realised I set the oven to 250 degrees. Smart!!!! It's not ruined I don't think. I just need to watch it. Sigh. I made mistakes so I know what will work next time. I'm not disheartened at all. I am more determined. I wasted this weekend and I am not going to waste anymore days.

So back to the gym tomorrow, back to eating back to the plan!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Sok sugah- we all have off days! It WILL get better. I promise-.xx

    ReplyDelete