Monday 29 September 2014

September 29th Day 37 --> Over the Shit Sunday Sleep Hurdle

Breakfast:  Banana

Lunch:  Chicken Stir fry with lime and chilli sauce

Dinner:  Meatballs with a salad

Snacks:  Dried Fruit

Water:  2 liters

Exercise:  rest day

Thoughts:

Well I did it!!!  I managed to stop the shit sleep Sunday hurdle!!  God I am so delighted!!! 

How did I do this amazing feat?

Well, I ate my dinner earlier.  The meal was lighter. (a small steak and a salad)  I prepared my sleep area better.  Made sure the pillows were plumped, cleaned off the night stand (clutter can cause issues psychologically and cause disturbed sleep) and made sure that the window was open to get some fresh air in.  I put all electronic devices (iPad and phone) in my dressing room as I read that the frequency and electricity from those items can disrupt sleep. Then 45 minutes before bedtime, I had a lovely hot bath by candle light.  I was in the bath for about 10-15 minutes, not too long but just long enough to relax myself.

I then dried myself off and got into bed.  I had some snuggle time with the boyfriend.  I then put my sleep mask on and ear plugs in and I drifted off.

It worked.  I had a lovely restful sleep and I feel great.  I plan to try this tactic next week and see if it isn't a fluke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment