Tuesday 2 September 2014

September 2nd Day 10 --> the Worst Workout Ever!!!

Breakfast:   Hot water with lemon, Strawberries and Grapes

Lunch:  Tuna, red onion, red pepper, olives, mixed seeds, tomatoes, cucumber with white vinegar

Dinner:  Chicken Stirfry with garlic, honey and lemon sauce

Drinks: 2 litres of water
            1 cheeky glass of red wine

Exercise:  Chest And Back
Lat Pull Down Version 1: 3 sets of 7 starting at 50 kilos and dropping 7.5 kilos each set
Lat Pull Down Version 2: 3 sets of 7 starting at 55 kilos and dropping 7.5 kilos each set
Seated Floor Pulley Row:  3 sets of 7 starting at 50 kilos and dropping 7.5 kilos each set
Chest Press:  3 sets of 7 starting at 40 kilos and dropping 5 kilos each set
Lower Back:  3 sets of 10 at 40 kilos
Recumbent bike:  18 minutes

Playlist:
Corona - "Rhythm of the Night" (started out Old School!)
Blink 182 - "All the Small Things"
Alice in Chains - "Man in a Box"
Kasabian - "Fire"
Kasabian - "Empire"
Bastille - "Pompeii"
The Automatic - "Monster"
Kasabian - "Eez-Eh"

Thoughts:
 This morning, I officially had the shittiest, worst workout ever.  It was a case of I should have stayed in bed.  Sleep proved difficult last night....again.

I just couldn't get to sleep and I found myself at mid night wide awake which isn't right for me.  I am usually asleep by 10 or so.  The boyfriend woke me up with his snoring again, but he said that he is going to buy me from one of his suppliers at work some industrial strength ear plugs that someone would use on a construction site.  I hope that will stop me being woken up.  I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm went off and I don't know how I did it but I physically dragged myself out of bed.  The thought of going back into bed and sleeping for that extra hour and a bit was really tempting.  I mean, really tempting.  But I dragged myself to the gym.

When I went out to my little car, I noticed the condensation on my car and I remembered why I am doing this.  Soon it won't be condensation on the car, it will be frost or snow which means I will need to be wearing a winter coat and as I can't fit into mine...yeah, I have to get my ass to the gym

When I got to the gym, it was like I was in a trance.  Nothing I lifted felt right.  Everything felt heavy, even though I know that I can easily lift it on any other day.  But I soldiered on.

When it got to my interval training, I walked on the treadmill at my normal pace but that felt like I was traversing a mountain.  Then came time for the jog, I jogged awkwardly and slammed my hand on the stop button.  This just wasn't going to happen.   Sigh.

So I walked to the bike and went on that for 18 minutes, the intended time for my interval training.  But in that time, I made a new workout playlist as I had downloaded some new tunes recently and I wanted to get a good playlist going.

But 2 positives I need to point out today.  I wearing today a cute dress that I haven't been able to wear ever.  It's always been too tight.  Yes, the sucking in knickers are on (I really can't wait to get fit so I don't have to wear them ever again!!) but the dress fits nicely and the boyfriend complimented me on it this morning....maybe that was because it's low cut and I am rocking some serious cleavage.....I always did say that my boobs brought out his eyes....

I purchased a food processer because I have found some fabulous recipes that require me to do more than open a premade salad and put on a plate.  So I am excited to try that out.

But tomorrow is a new day, and I have my personal training session with Dan, my trainer.-, in the morning.  I am looking forward to it because he always works me to the point of where I want to punch him in the throat, which is a good thing. I am paying to be pushed, to work myself until I fall down and collapse and not for a grease down and a shiatsu.  I sometimes wish that he would push me more because I know that I am capable of doing more I just need someone to believe in me.  (I just read that back and I want to punch myself in the face and tell myself to man up)  Yeah, that is going to be hard as he said that we are going through a new training plan.  Gulp.  But this getting me closer to buttoning up that coat and slipping into my gorgeous body con dress so it's all good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment