Thursday 12 March 2015

On The Wonders of Ginger

Breakfast:  A Blueberry, pear, apple, grape, kiwi fruit and ginger smoothie (It was fab!)

Lunch:  Tuna mayonnaise with Sweet Potato

Snack:  Avocado, banana, orange, lemon, lime and cucumber smoothie

Dinner:  Hot turkey and bacon salad

Exercise:  An intense session with Kathryn

Thoughts:

One thing I noticed since I started putting ginger in my diet, I my tummy has started to go into a normal pattern.  I am having regular bowel movements now.  (I know, too much information!)  I started reading up and ginger is great for the bowel function!  I put a little pit in and you don't really taste it.  My smoothie has a bit of a kick but it still tastes amazing!

I want to start putting in mint leaves into my smoothie too as they have a calming effect on the stomach.  It's all about trying new things!!!

Tonight for dinner I made my boyfriend a chicken goujon sandwich....nice!  While I enjoyed a hot turkey and bacon salad.  I am getting back into my "zone" of clean eating and feeling good about my body again.

I have also decided to ditch the scales and just go off body measurements so on Saturday, like before, I will give you my measurements!  Normal business has resumed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Having a bit of a catch up on my reading! Wow- I'm looking at some amazing changes with you! You are pretty much always positive- but the past few entries have been downright uplifting!!

    Good on you for trying new things. I saw an inpirational video yesterday about a paratrooper who was told he would never walk or run again ....walking only with the assistance of crutches. A yoga instructor took him on board and during the space of a year- the guy lost almost half his body weight and at the end- he lost the crutches and was not only walking- but RUNNING again!! He fell....many many times..but he always got back up, dusted himself off, and kept going...never giving up on himself!!
    This is what your journey reminds me of- never giving up on and believing in yourself.
    You.
    Go.
    Girl.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete