Wednesday 18 March 2015

On Sore Legs and a Bad Workout

Pre-Breakfast:  Ginger, mint leaves, flaxseeds, cucumber, lemon and water

Breakfast:  Strawberry, blueberry, grapes, and lemon smoothie

Lunch:  Asda - Chosen by You - Soy, Honey, Ginger and Chicken Noodles, 410 g

Snack:  Avocado, banana, orange, lemon, lime and cucumber smoothie

Dinner:  Peppered beef steaks with a side salad

3 liters of water (God help me....that is difficult to drink!!)

Exercise:

Kathryn's Circuit
Lat Pull Down 40kgs x 15 reps
                       35kgs x 15 reps
                       30kgs x 15 reps
Seated Row:  35kgs x 15 reps
                       27.5kgs x 15 reps
                       20kgs x 15 reps

Walk on an Incline for 20 minutes

Playlist:
Pendulum - Slam
Republica - Drop Dead Gorgeous
Felix da Housecat - Silverscreen (Shower Scene) (This is a kick ass amazing song with a fab beat!  When you are doing squats, dead lifts, or lunges it has a great beat so it is easy to lift to)
Kasabian - Empire
Royal Blood - Figure It Out
Black Keys - Lonely Boy
The Prodigy - Slap My Bitch Up
Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
The Gossip - Heavy Cross

Thoughts
Today I dragged myself out of my bed and me and my aching legs went to the gym.  It wasn't my best workout, to be honest.  My thighs were burning after the session with Kathryn but the main thing is that I went to the gym.  

Instead of just doing her circuit, I decided throw in some back work so I did some lat pull downs and seated row because I want to get my back looking leaner.  (I have some major back boobs going on!!) 

Then I attempted to do my high intensity intervals.  My legs just point blank said no.  They feel heavy and tired so I cranked the incline up and I walked at a quick pace on a 5% incline for 20 minutes.  

I wish that my legs weren't so sore because those intervals are what shred the fat.  So tonight I am going take a hot bath and massage my thighs.  They are beyond sore.  But I am feeling it in my inner thigh.  That's good!!!  I want to get the jiggly bit in my inner thigh sorted! 

The last few weeks I have been feeling a lot better about my workout and diet.  I hit a rough patch with the bronchitis in February.  Yes I am upset about that set back but I can't change it.  I can change, though, my diet and my exercise pattern (which I am doing) today. Plus with my healthy foods from around the world on Saturday, I am looking forward to hit some great milestones and to lose this weight.  

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment