Tuesday 24 March 2015

On Trying a New Workout Machine

Breakfast:  Lemon, flaxseeds, ginger, cucumber and water (Gross!!!!  But so good for my tummy!)

Snack:  Cottage cheese

Lunch:  Chicken Cashew with broccoli and asparagus

Dinner:  Peppered beef steaks and salad

Exercise:

The Fabulous Triathalon 

Playlist:

Kaiser Chiefs --> My Life
Jungle --> Busy Earning
Stone Roses -->. She Bangs the Drums
Ferry Corsten --> Rock Your Body Rock
Nero --> Promises
The Black Keys --> Howlin' for You
The Hearts --> Lips
Kasabian --> Empire
Garbage --> Special
Kasabian --> Fast Fuse
Felix da Housecat --> Silver Screen (Shower Scene) 
The Prodigy --> Omen




Thoughts:

Today I decided to shake things up. It's cardio day and the thought of doing treadmill intervals made me dread going to the gym so I decided that I was going to make cardio fun.

Armed with a rocking playlist, I decided to do the Fabulous Triathalon! This started out by mistake. When I got to the gym today, it was busy. I wanted to get on the stair machine but there was a perfectly toned girl with fabulous abs on that machine. So I opted for one of the stepper/cross trainer hybrid machines. I decided to do long strides like I was skiing. Then the thought popped into my head after about 3 kilometres....why don't I make this a Triathalon? 

So I got off the stepper/cross trainer and rushed to the bike and did a 5 kilometre sprint. After I completed that, I got on the treadmill and did a 1.5 kilometre run!!! 

I was dying after that run. But I felt really pleased with that session. It took me about 50 minutes to complete this but I enjoyed it more than doing straight intervals. I am definitely going to use this in my future workouts.

Food today was simple. I am doing well with my food. I just feel more focused. I feel pumped up and on pat day I am going to purchase a motivation out fit from a website I saw. I want to get into this outfit by July. I know I will do it. And once I do, I will post pics!

Tomorrow is a session with Kathryn so I am excited! As I always say, onwards and upwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment