Wednesday 25 March 2015

On Kathryn's Challenge

Breakfast:  Lemon, lime, orange, flaxseed, ginger and cucumber juice

Snack:  Carrots, cucumber and houmous

Lunch:  Cannelini beans, olives, spring onion and feta (made from goat and sheep milk)

Dinner:  Homemade chilli on sweet potato

Exercise:

An absolutely brilliant session with Kathryn

Thoughts:

Today I had a brilliant day in regards to food and exercise.

My training session with Kathryn was absolutely amazing and it brought about a little mini challenge.

This all came about when I was doing my squats.  Kathryn said to me let’s make April a really good month.

I did my first squat rep and said of course it will be a fab month!  I am pleased with the training plan and the diet. 

She said why don’t you make a goal for the end of April/beginning of May?  Is there an outfit that you want to get into?

There are thousands of outfits that I want to get into.  That’s the problem.   The outfits I want to get into are smaller than I could accomplish in a month and are more like get into these by July/August.

I looked at her and said I don’t want to commit myself.  I have made sweeping declarations before.  The one that hurt was that I wanted to get into my red vintage winter coat by my birthday last year.  That failed majorly. 

But looking back, last year, I was still a bit unsettled.  I gained a boyfriend, just moved from a fabulous city to a town with crap shops (There is no Selfridges or Harvey Nichols in St Helens, I will have you know!), I got a new job, and I had to settle and figure out where I am in this world.  I feel that I am now only really feeling settled and comfortable with my personal life.

I was thinking this over as I tore through my squats feeling the burn in my thighs and butt. 

I then thought about the white trousers.

The fabulously gorgeous Elizabeth Hurley is always snapped wearing her white trousers.  They are white denim with a slight flare.  They are classy and very versatile.

I too own such a pair of trousers.  These trousers are cotton with a kick flare that go with everything, and I mean everything!  They, for me are a summer staple.  I wore them back in 2008 and 2010 (2009 was a fat year).

They are a size down from what I wear now.  I few weeks ago I wanted to see how big I was so I tried them on.  They went easily past my thighs but when it came to my hips, it was an effort to squeeze over them.  I then hoicked them up to my waist.  My tummy was in the way of them even coming together to zip them up.  

As I started to do my dead lift this morning, I looked at my trainer and asked, when is your competition?  (Kathryn entered a body form competition so she too is dieting and working out extra hard.)

She said the 3rd of May.

I asked her, do you think that is feasible to lose a dress size from now until 3rd of May?

She said, yeah, if you stick to the routine, continue to eat clean and put in the effort that you are doing now, I don’t see why not.

I told her about the white trousers and said, how about this.  By your competition on May 3rd, I will be in my white trousers.

She smiled and said, agreed.  By Sunday May 3rd, I need to lose enough weight to fit into the white trousers.  The rules are, the trousers must be in a wearable state so no muffin top, no camel toe, no tummy over the waistband and I need to photograph myself wearing these trousers and send it to Kathryn.

So there you go.  Operation White Trousers.  So it's clean eating, exercising daily and the prize will be mine,  If I slip up then the prize gets further away.  

I think that the key is to tale it day by day.  Just focus on eating clean and exercising today and don't think about tomorrow.  

I feel excited and focused now.  So here is to me getting myself in my white trousers!

Onwards and upwards!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment