Tuesday 3 March 2015

On Making Smart Food Choices

Breakfast:  Avocado, banana, cucumber, orange, lemon and lime smoothie....this was sublime!!! 

Lunch: Mango, kiwi, pineapple, plums, orange, lime and lemon smoothie

Dinner:  Subway chicken and bacon salad

Exercise:  Kathryn's circuit, 20 minute walk on a 7% incline

Thoughts:

Today I had a course so food wise I didn't eat enough calories. 

Then my boyfriend insisted on having a Subway Sandwich. Now Subway is one of my favorite things. My usual? A foot long on Italian herbs and cheese bread with extra cheese, lettuce, onions, jalepenos, gherkin, olives with ranch dressing and Mayo with a cookie, crisps and a bottle of coke. That's almost 2200 calories!!!!

So I did some investigation. I found that Subway does salads! They do any sandwich on their menu but in salad form. So I opted for chicken and bacon with lettuce, cucumber, onion, jalepenos, olives and gherkins and southwest sauce. My dinner? 287 calories! (The southwest sauce is 90 calories) fabulous. It was guilt free, tasty and I felt smug....even though the smell of my boyfriend's sandwiches (he has 2 foot longs) were so tempting. I feel pleased!

Every fast food joint has healthy options. It's always good to do your research. I saved myself a lot of calories and I'm closer to getting into that dress!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment