Wednesday 4 March 2015

No Spinning? No Problem!!

Breakfast:  Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, banana, lemon, lime, orange and plum smoothie  (Absolutely lovely!!!)

Lunch:  Tuna with lighter than light mayo and sweet potato

Snack:  Banana, lime, lemon, orange, avocado and cucumber (I know it sounds nasty but it is divine!!)

Dinner:  Chilli with rice

Exercise:  30 minute intervals on the treadmill

Thoughts:

This morning I got up to attend the spinning class at my gym to find that I was the only one that showed up.  What is a girl to do?

I didn't have my music on me but got on the treadmill and decided to do an interval training session.  So I did what was familiar to me.  Walk for a minute.  Jog for a minute.  Sprint for a minute.  I did this for 30 minutes.  (So 10 minutes of walking, 10 minutes of jogging, and 10 minutes of sprinting)

Now this is a big deal for me.  I used to do this after my normal weight lifting workouts but only for 15 minutes at most.

I will not lie to you.  It was hard.  I mean proper hard.  I dragged myself through the sprints after the fourth sprint.  My legs felt like lead.

But I did it.  I pulled my body through this ordeal (that's what I refer to this exercise as) and when it hit 30 minutes, I slammed the stop button on the treadmill and I strutted my ass off the treadmill like a boss!!!

The old me would have gone home or walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill and then given up.  Today I didn't.

My smoothies today didn't cause me gut rot either.  So I know what to stick with.  Berry based smoothies and then avocado based smoothies.  I feel like I have smashed through a barrier.

Tomorrow I have a session with Kathryn and I am feeling confident.  I feel good about how I am eating and plus I am not drinking for the month of March.  I think that I will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment