Monday 30 March 2015

A 5K Run

Breakfast:  Lemon, Flaxseed, Strawberries, cucumber, cayenne pepper, ginger and water (Yes it was as pleasant as it sounded!!)

Snack:  Houmous, carrots and cucumbers

Lunch:  3 bean salad, feta, red pepper, cucumber, spring onion and olives

Snack:  Cottage Cheese

Dinner:  Turkey and steamed veggies

Exercise:  5k run and a 20 minute stationary bike cool down

Playlist:

The Butthole Surfers --> Pepper
Moby -->  Porcelain
Jessie Ware --> Tough Love
Temper Trap --> Need Your Love
Dizzie Rascal feat. Robbie Williams -->  Goin Crazy
Garbage --> Special 
Vaccines do u wanna
Everything Everything --> Duet
New Order --> Blue Monday 
The Stone Roses --> She Bangs the Drums
The Killers --> Read My Mind
Calvin Harris --> Ready for the Weekend (Trust me, I am!!!)
Arcade Fire ---> Reflector 
Snow Patrol --> Take Back the City
Faul & Wad Ad Pnau --> Change
Sia --> Elastic Heart


Thoughts:

Yesterday was a hell of a day!  I don't know why, I think it was the time change?  I just felt drained, tired and unmotivated after my personal training session (Which wasn't very good).  My legs felt like lead.

So I got some sleep and I finally dragged myself out of bed.  Gym after work on a Monday is a must.  I love my bed.

So I decided today to go back to something that I enjoyed doing when I was younger and fitter.   Running.  When I was younger I used to religiously run a 5k every morning.  So I decided that I was going to try that again.

The last time I ran a 5k was this time last year.  I wasn't too fit and i huffed and puffed my way through it.

So how did I get on? I got through it and I huffed and puffed but managed 40 minutes. Now I used to run these under 30 minutes. But when the clock hit 5.00 I almost cried. Here I am at the biggest I have ever been and I ran a 5k. A few times I jumped to the sides of the treadmill for a quick breath but I dragged myself through it! I feel amazing. Plus my best friend Sunny encouraged me on the way and Kathryn was there training someone a few treadmills down. I couldn't let both of them down. At the 2.5k mark I thought I was going to die!!!! My left butt cheek seized!!!! So there I was hobbling trying not to draw attention to the fact that my left butt cheek seized.  But I pulled through that pain. 

I am going to try and run a 5k on my cardio days, I think. I want to get it under 30 minutes again. It's a small side line goal I can work to. I know I can do this so I just need to keep building on it.

So onwards and upwards, y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment