Monday 9 March 2015

On Random Thoughts About Weight Loss (Sorry if this Post is a bit all over the place)

Pre Breakfast:  Lemon, cucumber, mint and ginger with water

Breakfast:  Strawberry, blueberry, grapes, plums, lemon and lime

snack:  Avocado, banana, lemon, lime, orange cucumber smoothie.

Lunch:  Sweet Potato and tuna with light mayo

Dinner:  Grilled Chicken and steamed mixed veggies

Exercise:  Rest day - my legs are sore!!

Thoughts

Firstly I would like to clarify.  Hot yoga is called hot yoga because you do it in a room that is 100 degrees.  It is also called Bikram yoga.  Sorry that I didn't clarify that!!

Today I tried a new smoothie/juice.  It was recommended for tummy troubles.  It tastes foul but I found myself peeing more and my tummy deflating.  Hey, I'll keep on it.  That is a win.  the ginger is supposed to be good for the digestive system so I figured what do I have to lose?  So this week I am going to try that in the morning and see how my tummy feels.  So far so good.  No cramping or bloating!

I am feeling a lot better.  It has been 9 days since I have had any alcohol.  That's a great thing.  The first 4 days I was missing it like crazy but I am over that and I am enjoying sipping peppermint tea after dinner and I am not feeling bloated.  Plus it's great to wake up without a hangover in the morning.

I have also noticed that since I have been having the juice of a whole lemon every day I haven't had any sniffles, coughs or sore throats.  I think that I am going to continue my juicing/smoothie beyond the weight loss phase.

I think that sometimes when we are embarking on a weight loss journey, we do crazy things (I will only exist on 600 calories a day and have cabbage soup every day!!!) but they are short term and the weight goes back on.

Look, like other people I feel that I have a genuine issue with food.  I know that for the rest of my life, like an alcoholic, I am going to have to be more strict with my food.

Food isn't the enemy.  It is ok to have a piece of cake in moderation.  But food is very much an emotional thing.  When you eat that piece of cake or pizza, yes it tastes amazing!  (As a pizza addict I will happily eat a whole pizza but when the gut rot and IBS flares up, I tell myself it is not worth it!)  It feels amazing but 20 minutes later the guilt sinks in.

What I have learned so far in this weight loss journey, you need to eat to lose weight.  And yes, you need to consume a certain amount of calories a day but what matters is what those calories are from.  If you have to eat 1200 calories a day, if you fill your day with fruits, veggies and proteins you will feel better than if you filled the 1200 calories with things like cookies and crisps.  Yes, it feels good to eat crap while you are eating it but after you eat crap, well in my case, my tummy doesn't feel too good.

Eating healthily doesn't have to be a chore.  Try new things.  On the internet there are millions of healthy recipes.  I tried them!  I made healthy home made burgers that tasted great and homemade chicken tikka masala.  I made mistakes in cooking them but I worked on them and got them to taste better.

It's about getting out of your comfort zone and trying new foods and new exercises.  What do you have to lose?  You might like it and if you don't oh well, try something else!

Losing weight doesn't have to be painful only if you make it painful it will be.

So, find new recipes, sign up for new fitness classes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment