Saturday 21 March 2015

On The Healthy Homemade Doner Kebab

This Measurements:

Weight:  15 stone 1 (4 pounds up from my last official weigh in....eeeekkk!)
Chest 41 inches (Half an Inch up)
Waist: 37 inches (Half an Inch up)
Hips 47 (An Inch up)
Right and Left Thighs: 21.5 inches (Half an Inch Down.....fab!)
Right and left Arm:  12 inches (stayed the same)

Exercise:

An hour of Hot Yoga...It was more difficult than the last time.

Thoughts:

Well today is my first healthy treat from around the world.  Turkish!  I decided to start easy and do a Lamb Doner Kebab, like you get in the chip shop.

The instructions say to bake it in a loaf pan.  I don't have a loaf pan!!!  So I made a loaf shape....doesn't it look fab? 

My boyfriend, who normally shies away from this type of thing decided to play a game called "I Am the Head Chef".  This entails him interrupting the cooking, telling me I'm doing it wrong making a mess then walking off leaving me with the clean up of said mess. This time he told me that I was going to use the wrong pan. Whenever I politely tell him to get out of the kitchen and leave me to it, he gets offended and stomps off like a 2 year old. I let him cool off, walk over, tell him that he is special and that usually sorts it.

I then let my loaf cook for 50 minutes, checking often to ,she that this doner isn't Cajun style.  It looked like 50 minutes wouldn't be enough. So left it for a further 10 minutes. 

When it was done, I tried to slice it with a potato peeler to get the same sort of chip shop kebab style of meat but it crumbled. So finely slicing was how we got around it. 

I served it with lettuce, cucumber, onion, garlic mayo and chilli sauce.

I asked the boyfriend to score it so here are the scores:

Presentation:  7/10
Taste:  5/10

So a respectable 12/20 for my first ever time doing this. I am pleased with those marks!




 

It was a fun experience and I can't wait until next week's challenge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment