Monday 23 March 2015

A New And Fabulous Eating and Workout Plan

Breakfast:  Grape, Flaxseed, lemon, cucumber, ginger and water (Yuck!!!!  It's good for my tummy, that's what I keep telling myself!)

Snack:  Reduced Fat Houmous with carrots and cucumber

Lunch:  Chicken with cashews, broccoli and asparagus

Snack:  Low fat cottage cheese

Dinner:  Grilled Turkey steak with steamed vegetables

Water:  3 liters....This is painful!!!

Exercise:  30 minutes high interval training on the treadmill:
   Incline at 0.5%
   Walk:  4.5kph
   Jog:  7.5kph
  Sprint:  10.5kph
  Recumbent Bike: 20 minutes

Thoughts:

It's day 1 of Kathryn's eating and exercise plan.  So far so good.  I like having a structured 1500 calories a day.  This week, it's going to be a bit skewy.  Kathryn is going away for a long weekend so my session with her is on Wednesday instead of Thursday.  So we decided on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, I will do high intensive cardio,  I am doing the cardio to create a calorie deficit.  The high intensity intervals are good for my body and will help with my stamina.

Kathryn is also going to be measuring me weekly as an incentive for me to keep on this.  I know in the past I have given things a half assed effort and received half assed results.  So I am so determined to make the next 6 weeks very productive.

I am now 23 days without a drink (I did have a slip up last Sunday and had 1 glass of rosé but I didn't enjoy it...honestly!!  It tasted like vinegar.) and I am feeling better for it.  My skin looks amazing.  My eyes are brighter and nothing beats waking up the next morning with a clear head and not apologizing for doing something stupid.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a drink but it's got me thinking.  I really used to drink....a lot.  And I mean a lot!!!  Before I started, I was throwing back a half a bottle to a full bottle of red wine a night.  I feel like I have turned a corner with it.  There are a lot of calories with wine and alcohol in general. I am planning to go the rest of March with out a drink.  In April I have a few social gatherings.  I am going to try to limit my drinking because my alcohol tolerance is probably gone!  April 3rd, we have a work's party, then the next day, my Irish friend (who drinks cider like it is water) and I are having a few bevies so I need to plan ahead.  I think that I will see if they have sparkling water or orange juice and stick to that. 

I also learned today that it isn't a good idea to drink 3 liters of water and then do high intervals on the treadmill. My tummy felt bloated and sore but when I got home...let's just say that my constipation is a thing of the past....

Tomorrow it's more cardio but I am ok with that. I will do my cardio tomorrow in the morning as I think I run better in the morning. Plus I won't have 3 liters of water in my tummy sloshing around!!!

I am feeling positive and good now, even though my boyfriend is eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream right next to me...it's ok, I don't want it plus it looks like he had a bad day.

So tomorrow will be a great day. Onwards and upwards!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment