Tuesday 7 October 2014

October 7th Day 45 --> Whoever Said a Minute is a Long Time Has Never Done Interval Training on a Treadmill

Breakfast:  Pineapple

Lunch:  Chicken, bacon avocado salad 

Dinner: spicy carrot soup

Snacks: cashew nuts

Water: 2 litres

Exercise:

Half an hour of interval training on a treadmill plus walking .8 mile from work to the gym

Playlist:

Jamie T --> "Sticks and stones"
Kasabisn --> "Eez-eh"
Imagine Dragons --> "Radioactive"
Kasabian --> "Fire"
Deadmau5 & Kaskade -->  "I Remember"
Pendulum --> "Slam"
Churches -->  "Lies"
Kasabian --> "Where Did All the Love Go?"
Chase and Status --> "Blind Faith"

Thoughts:

Firstly, I am proud because I have gone to the gym on a cold rainy Monday morning and I went again today. That doesn't sound like much but it's massive for me. It's a huge hurdle that I have overcome.

Secondly, I am changing up my dinner to soups. The reason? I physically cannot sleep with a full stomach. I have noticed the difference already. I am sleeping better.

I think that could be the reason why I am able to go to the gym yesterday and today.

I have decided to do a test. I want to know what sort of workouts work best for me. So this week I am sampling interval training for a half an hour. 

My interval trying consists on me doing a walk jog sprint thing. The routine I have is a 30 minute routine of that principle. It's also meant to be done on an incline, fuck that!!! I just want to get through it without dying then we'll talk inclines!!!! I am mostly getting through it though. The last 2 sprints i am holding on for dear life praying for the torment to end.

But you know what? I fucking did it. You can't take that away from me. I walked to the gym. I pushed my body and I did it. I completed the workout on a flat running surface. I will continue this for the rest of the week and see how my body reacts. Next week I'll try weights and see his my body reacts to that. 

Losing weight is trial and error. You have to try different things. What works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else. You need to shake it and try what works for you.

I am interested to see what my work this week will deliver.

1 comment:

  1. Hell YEAH, Baby Girl!!! That's what I'm TALKING about!!!

    ReplyDelete