Thursday 2 October 2014

October 2nd Day 40 --> New Workout

Breakfast:  Bacon, egg and sausage

Lunch:  Chicken Salad 

Dinner: mixed grill

Exercise:

30 minute interval training on treadmill

Stretches

Gym Playlist:
Black Keys -->  "Howlin' for You"
Chase and Status -->  Blind Faith
The Courteneers -->  "Van Der Graff"
Faul & Wad ad & Pnau -->  "Changes" (Loving this song!!!  Good beat, good workout song)
David Guetta Feat Rihanna ->  "Who's That Chick?"
The Prodigy -->  "Warrior Dance"
Miles Kane --> "Don't Forget Who You Are"
Pendulum -->  "Slam"

Thoughts

Managed to get myself to the gym and try something different.  There was a workout that I saw on the internet that was interval training and I wanted to try it for ages.  I was scared of it because it had inclines that looked super scary.

So I broke it down.  I decided to do it without inclines.  Just run it straight to see if I could do it.  And I did!!

Granted, I dragged myself during the sprints but as I continue to do this I will get better and stronger and I will defeat this.

I get frustrated sometimes.  Especially in work.  My job is stressful, rewarding but stressful.  I go home a lot of days in tears, with a sore stomach, I have sleepless nights with this because I am fighting for my living.

This is a different fight. It's for my health, my sanity and my inner peace.  for the body that I have always wanted.  For my confidence.  For my inner strength.  This is a fight for my life.

This fight too has provided tears, sleepless nights, scars, stress, and moments where I question my sanity, strength and mind.

I know that this is doable.  I know that I will succeed.  It's about strength of mind and that is what I need most of all.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to mix it up ever so often. It doesn't let your body get into a routine. Good on you hanging in there to the gym routine!!!

    ReplyDelete