Saturday 11 October 2014

October 11th Day 49 --> New Trainer and New Attitude

Breakfast:  sausage, bacon and eggs

Dinner: starter-spicy Turkish sausage main dish-spicy lamb with Cucumber red onion salad the boyfriend and I shared a bottle of prosecco. 

Exercise: A cracking Personal Training Session with my new trainer

Thoughts:

Well this morning I started off on a good foot.  I got up and went to my first session with my new trainer.  And I have to say, this was an amazing workout!!!  It was a kickboxing based workout. We'd do 3 minutes punching combinations and then go to the treadmill and do a fast walk.  Then she taught me some new exercises that were all about carrying your body weight instead of traditional weights.  The workout lasted a full hour.  And it was the hardest hour of my life.

Throughout the workout, she was encouraging.  She didn't scream or bark orders at me.  She worked with me and encouraged me.  When I started flagging, she would pep me up.  And when each exercise was completed she gave a well done, not in a condescending way.  But a really encouraging way.

She told me that she leads some classes at the gym and I think that I will try them.  She does a spinning class on Monday night and a circuit class on Wednesday morning at 6:30am.  That means that I can have a lie in on Wednesday morning!  Result!

I left feeling euphoric, sweaty, tired but really happy!!!  I got my chores done and got myself ready as the boyfriend and I decided to have a date night.

I read the menu before and decided on my meal prior.  Makes it so much easier.

So I came home feeling good.  Not drunk, full but not over full.  Just felt happy and healthier and looking forward to the week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am soooo proud of you!! I'm catching up on my reading today. I've been writing and its taken it's toll on me. I'm sick now- but as I'm lying in bed catching up on my reading- it's not all bad!!

    I see you havent posted in a few days. Get back in the habit- darlin.....I know what the results can be when you dont.
    Learn from MY mistakes!!!

    xxx Elle

    ReplyDelete