Friday 12 December 2014

On My Spinning Class

Breakfast:  Sausage and Cheese Barm

Lunch:  Pasta with spring onion, red pepper, olives, soy sauce

Snack:  Muller Light Vanilla with Dark Chocolate sprinkles and a banana

Dinner: donner meat calzone....yes it was worth the calories!!!

Exercise:  Spinning

Thoughts:

Spinning class for me is a must.  My fabulous Personal Trainer says that it is imperative to do cardio for my weight loss.  She thinks that if I do one day weights and the next day cardio that will be the best way to go.  So I have made a schedule for working out.

Monday:  PT session
Tuesday:  Rest
Wednesday Cardio
Thursday:  Weights
Friday:  Cardio
Saturday:  Weights
Sunday:  Cardio

So I figured that spinning would be a fab cardio session so I opt for the Friday morning spin.

Now I will admit now, I despise cardio.  I was built for comfort not for speed!!!  So I figure doing a class like spinning would be a way to do cardio without having to think.

Now the Friday morning spin class is a strange one.  The instructor is a likeable woman with a fab tattoo.  But when the class starts I actually hate the woman.

Today I hated her more.   Why?  Because she did the one thing that I hate more than anything.  She didn't get on the bike and do the class with us.  She just stood next to the bike with her watch in her hand.

I am a believer that if you are a fitness instructor and if you are leading a class, you should be doing everything that you are making the people in the class do.  To me if an instructor doesn't do what the people in the class are doing, it insinuates that they are unable to do it.

So today when she screamed, GO FASTER!!  SPEED UP!!  I wanted to scream back, why don't you go faster and speed up!  Oh that's because you are not on the bike and you can't be arsed!!!

This fact amused me so I got the giggles.  My legs were so sore, if I didn't laugh I'd cry!!!

I also try to never make eye contact with an instructor.  If you do, they usually make some comment like "Resistance up" or "work harder" or some shit like that.  I have to fight the urge to to stick my middle finger up and mouth "eat me" back.  Mature, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment